Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Monday!

I hope that everyone had an awesome weekend.  Seriously, how gorgeous was it outside? Blue skies, 70 degrees and i swear it even started to smell like fall :)
I tried to get out of the house as much as possible. On friday i met up with a whole gaggle of moms to walk on Sand Run and let me tell you - we weren't messing around. We had 7 babies in tow....which is not good for conversation or easy maneuvering on a narrow trail, BUT it does make for a pretty cute picture with all of the strollers :)


In other news - I got  emailed a great tip for some "indoor exercise"  from my buddy Melissa Adams. Melissa is another friend I met through Junior League and now i just stalk her incessantly on pintrest :) Seriously she has the best stuff on there!!


So any ways here is her tip - and its a good one! Its hard to beat $5 Yoga classes.....read on:



"I have a great yoga jem for you to share with everyone. I love love love yoga. I think it is one of the best exercises anyone can do, and it's so trendy right now with all these local yoga studios popping up...the problem is they can be so expensive..I mean $70.00 for a monthly membership? Seriously?!?!?!? So with that being said I have to tell you about my yoga instructor...First of all her name is Alice and she is from Akron and I actually went to high school with her. Anyway, she was a dancer for Walt Disney World for like 6 years and just moved back to the area this past summer. She decided that she wanted to give up the dancer lifestyle but still do it for fun...so one of the things she is doing is teaching a yoga class at Martell School of Dance ( in Highland Square) on Monday and Wednesday nights and Saturday Mornings. and here is the best thing.... it's $5.00 per class and the class is about and hour long.

On Wednesday nights its from 8:30-9:30 p.m.( I go to this class) but it's earlier on Monday Nights and early on Saturday Mornings. I don't have exact times yet on the Monday and Saturday, they are figuring it out around the dance class schedule, but should know more next week. Or people can always call and ask when Alice's yoga classes are (330) 253-9900. She is really good too, she goes to NYC like once a month and trains at some amazing yoga studio.

I will be sure to send you anything else I know or think of for the blog.-- Melissa"

I love it... and i think i will probably be going to that class some time very soon. Hope to see some of you there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment